Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
● Always wash your hands before touching your tattoo.
● Remove bandage within 3-5 hours after getting your tattoo. Do not re-bandage.
● Wash your tattoo with lukewarm water. Be gentle, do not use a washcloth or anything that will exfoliate your tattoo. Wash then pat dry with paper towels.
● Rub a small amount of ointment on your tattoo. You may use Bepanthem, A&D, or Tattoo Lube. You want the thinnest amount possible. Wash, dry and apply ointment twice a day, as needed.
● Wear clean, soft clothing over your tattoo for the first 2 weeks– nothing abrasive or irritating. For a foot tattoo: go barefoot as much as possible. If you have to wear shoes, first wrap your clean tattoo in saran wrap, then cover with a clean cotton sock before putting on your shoe. Avoid sandals or flip-flops for this period to prevent chafing and damage to the tattoo.
● Your tattoo will begin to peel. This is normal! Do not pick at the skin. Begin using a mild, white, unscented lotion, free of dyes or Perfumes.
● Use lotion for minimum 2 weeks, 1-2 times daily.
Things to avoid
● Do not pick, scratch, peel, rub or irritate your tattoo.
● You can shower, but you may not soak your tattoo for 2 weeks. No swimming, soaking or hot tub.
● You may not expose your tattoo to the sun for at least 3 weeks, after that you must use sunblock.
● Do not wear abrasive materials, jewelry, or shoes that rub against your tattoo.
● Do not let anyone touch your tattoo unless they wash their hands.
● Beware of gym equipment, wash it well before using it.