A good tattoo is not only the job of the tattoo artist it is the combined effort of the person getting tattooed and the tattoo artist. An artist will get you tattooed while it is your responsibility to care and heal it properly. If the tattoo is not healed properly it can cause skin infection and sometimes the tattoo might not look good. Therefore, it is very important to heal your tattoo carefully.
We all are very well aware that whatever we will eat it will going to affect us. We eat food according to our age, health, and situation. Like, an ill person will not go and have fast food they will try to go for light food. So, food is one of the important factors for our body.
A tattoo is a kind of small surgical process and as after surgery, we need to take care of our diet in a similar way after getting a tattoo we need to eat food which will help in healing our tattoo.
One of our client drunk alcohol during his healing process and the other one was on a good healthy diet which topped him up with energy, vitamins, and antioxidants. We noted there tattoo healing process and we find out that the person with the healthy diet got his tattoo healed fast and he was always energized. On the other hand, the person who was taking alcohol took time to heal.
If you got the big tattoo which took more time then better eat well when you are back home. Fruits, vegetable, sweets (carbohydrates and sugar) these will help you get your energy back which you lost while getting tattooed.
What should you eat?
- Fruits full of Vitamin C – Vitamin C is always good for skin. It is anti-inflammatory, fight viral infection and protect the cell from damage. All citrus fruits help in the tattoo healing process.
- Dark Chocolate – It helps to keep skin hydrated and maintain good blood pressure. It is full of antioxidants which helps in healing.
- Berries – Again it has a rich amount of antioxidants which helps in healing damaged cell.
- Water – While getting tattooed you almost get dehydrated which can cause dizziness. Therefore, it is important to keep yourself hydrated during and after the getting tattooed. It also keeps the skin hydrated and avoid any dryness. Water is always good for your body.
- Soups, Juice and herbal tea can also help in the tattoo healing process.
What to avoid eating?
- Processed food
- Dairy food – As this slows down the process of healing
All the best for your tattoo healing process. For any doubts and help regarding tattoos feel free to contact Gargoyle Tattoo Studio.