Tribal tattoos are one of the most interesting tattoo design. These are one of the oldest tattoo style used to mark one’s belonging to a certain tribe. Tribal tattoo are now days worn by different race and culture and the meaning of tribal tattoo are different for different culture. Mostly, these tattoo’s are done on the entire body part but now a days these can be done in small size as well.
All you need to know about Tribal Tattoos
Since ancient times, tribal tattoos have been a popular choice of bodywork. Earlier, the tribal tattoos were used as a way to mark people with personal identification. These tattoos were a symbol for different tribal groups, each symbol signifying a particular tribal group and their social and cultural behaviours. Some people used to carve such symbols on their body believing those to have healing powers. Nevertheless, the craze for tribal tattoos increased over time, and they have become an in-thing in the present 21st century. If you are in New Zealand, you are lucky, as some of the most renowned and expert artists of tribal tattoos are available in this place only, especially in Auckland. Before you head towards a tattoo shop in Auckland, here we will give you some necessary information about the tribal tattoo style.
Various Advantages of Tribal Tattoos
According to a lot of tribal tattoo artists Auckland, there are a lot of advantages of getting tribal tattoos. Here are a few benefits that you can get from a number of tribal tattoo styles –
- The tribal tattoos have their own style and characteristics, and the best part is that they are authentic. At Gargoyle Tattoo Studio, you can get varieties of such designs and choose one for yourself. These designs make you stand out among the crowds.
- Tribal tattoos are mostly made of black inks. Therefore, these always look fresh and there are very fewer chances of these getting faded away.
- When you get a tribal tattoo from a tattoo shop Auckland, you automatically become a part of the rich history and the culture of the tattoo that it holds within. This is one of the most amazing things about getting a tribal tattoo. The tattoo becomes a part of your life, and you become a part of its story.
- The tribal tattoos come in different shapes, sizes, colours and designs. With the help of a professional tribal tattoo artist Auckland, you can choose the best one according to your style and preferences. Also, there is a huge range of options to choose from when it comes to the type of tribes. You need to be really attentive while choosing a tribal tattoo for yourself, as attention to detail here matters a lot. Also, each tribal tattoo has a different meaning. So, if you are looking for a tribal tattoo, it is important that you give importance to the meaning of the tattoo as well.
Difference between Tribal Tattoos for Women and Men
As already mentioned, tribal tattoos have existed since the beginning of cultures, as they were utilised as a piece of service depicting landmarks in an individual’s life or their status in the clan. Originally, tribal tattoos were meant to be inked on men only, but over time, tattoo artists have innovated with the existing designs and made them perfect for both sexes. Since men and women think differently while picking up a tattoo design, let’s try to find the difference.
The first thing you need to know is that both men and women prefer black tribal tattoos as compared to coloured ones. As far as placement of the tattoo is concerned, men often prefer tattoos on their full or half sleeves, calf, bicep or chest, while women like to have inked on their foot, abdomen, hip, lower back, ankle, behind the ear etc. Women also like to have band tattoos to put on their wrist or ankle. Women tattoos are sleek and beautiful, men’s tattoos are bold and thick in design, and look more intense than women’s. Since tribal tattoos were originally meant for men only, women’s tattoos include a mix of other tattoo styles as well to make them look feminine. While male tribal tattoos are increasingly conceptual, the female forms may include heart shapes, stars, butterflies, an adorable creature or winged animal and other comparable feminine contacts for a feminine look. Also, the female tribal tattoos are commonly increasingly fancy and stunning in design while the male renditions convey a dried-up look.
Highly Popular Tribal Tattoo Designs
At a reputed tattoo shop in Auckland, you can get some of the best tribal tattoo designs inked by the best tribal tattoo artist Auckland. Here are a few beautiful designs to choose from –
- Floral tribal tattoos look stunning on a woman’s back while representing feminine excellence and virtue. Tribal blooms are in vogue and are fascinating to look at. Flowers and butterflies make beautiful tattoos, and they look all the more alluring when inscribed in a tribal design. Butterfly tribal tattoos make the wearer resemble a warrior, as though they have a place with a specific clan.
- Dragon is an important part of Chinese tribes, and they are considered as symbols of good luck. This mythical creature has a variety of legends woven around it. Tribal tattoo designs of the dragon are made with simple and bold patterns made with flowing strokes, often inked in a single colour. While black is traditional, a hint of red makes it even more enticing.
- Hawaiian tribal tattoos appear to be unique and appealing, as they are one of a kind and convey the rich Hawaiian culture with it. Both men and women love having them on their body, as they add magnificence to their skin.
- A star tattoo with some tribal weaving and patterns makes a captivating tribal tattoo design for both men and women.
- Sun tattoo is a very popular tribal tattoo design which exudes power and charm, and signifies divinity and a wide range of cultural beliefs. Since the sun is a symbol of power and vigour, this tattoo design is often preferred by many to signify supremacy and immortality.
- A floral wave tattoo with intricate tribal patterns makes a beautiful tattoo design, particularly when inked in dark black or maroon.
- A tribal leaf tattoo design looks beautiful and chic when inked on the foot or women or calf of men. A professional tribal tattoo artist Auckland can further improve it with some little floral, wave or bird designs.
- Tribal bird tattoo designs are fascinating to take a gander at, particularly the customised Phoenix. A tribal tattoo Auckland artist can design it to make an appealing tattoo for the back or arms.
Other popular tribal tattoo designs may include tribal Celtic tattoos, Aztec tattoos, wolf tattoos and many others.
There fundamentally are no restrictions to the number and designs of tribal tattoos. You simply need to pick a tribal tattoo you relate emphatically with. Find a reputed tattoo Auckland studio, where experts can help you find the right design, size and style. If selected right, you may end up with a remarkable tattoo that others would envy! So, if you are looking for something exciting in your life and want to add a little sassiness, then getting a tribal tattoo in a tattoo parlour Auckland can actually help you.